Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Aaaaand, we're back! Five After 5!

Some Five After 5 goodness comin' at ya... Today's Five After 5 is all about the random.

I chopped my hair off.

Why: just because. I wanted to see if I could really pull off short hair... and because Boyfriend looooves short hair. I also wanted retro flare to my hair. This is the result:
Kinda 1930s, no? I don't have a better one at the moment, but you get the idea. You like?? Boyfriend gives it an A+. Yay!

It's crunch time.

While I didn't enroll in classes this semester, I am doing a ballet pedagogy (teaching) certification with the ballet professor at CSU. I've completed all my teaching rotations and now I'm working on the written and oral exams. I'm stressed. I'm trying not to panic but I have two weeks to write and prepare and there is a lot to this. It took a friend of mine over 2 hours to present her oral exam. Holy whoa...

Nike pointe shoes?!

Have you seen these?? (See this link.)



I haven't read much about them yet, but from what I can tell from my quick glance is that they're just a concept at this point. Aesthetically, I love them. And they're Nike, which you know is my fave label. But I have very little pointe experience myself, so I hesitate to form an opinion from a dance perspective quite yet. I'm very curious to know my ballet prof's thoughts, of course, as well as other dancers out there...?

Name change: yay or nay??

As I make changes around here, I'm tossing around the idea of changing my blog's name, too... Is this a really bad idea?? The reason I'm considering this is because the focus of my blog is evolving a bit. When I started writing, I had a focus and the name of my blog reflected that. As my life evolved, so did le blog and it's focused widened - it kind of became a jane-of-all-trades lifestyle blog where I talked about whatever tickled my fancy in the moment (case in point: this post). But my life is evolving yet again and as it does, I want my blog to return to a specific focus. As I process and work through changes to le blog, a name change is beginning to seem necessary. But you tell me: will that throw you off? Annoy you? Do share and please be honest. I don't want to charge ahead without thinking of you, my dear readers!

Focus Jessi!

Like I said, time to focus back in. I have yet to figure out a neat 'n catchy little description, but... dance, fitness, health, nutrition, all from a dancer's perspective and experience. Ya dig?

Happy Tuesday, y'all! 

 xoxo
J

1 comment: