Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Monday, May 28, 2012

Introducing: Hungry Dancer

Happy Memorial Day Monday!

I hope you got to enjoy a long weekend filled with fun, friends and family. I worked, per usual - gotta love retail! Despite working today, though, I did enjoy some rockin' barbecue. Grilled food is a summer fave and if I could, I'd grill dinner out every night all summer long. I'll get Boyfriend to work on that... :)

In the meantime, and speaking of food, I'd like to introduce the latest and greatest regular feature on le blog: Hungry Dancer, a weekly food and recipe post (biweekly maybe? I haven't decided quite yet...).

I am a hungry dancer, y'all. Dancers are all about food but we strive to eat well for obvious reasons. Besides the need for legit fuel to push us through many hours of class, rehearsals and performances, there is the body-conscious thing, too. I mean, rocking the 'tard 'n tights or wearing shorty shorts on stage makes you very self-conscious very quickly. But I also feel strongly about finding balance. Good food is a pleasure I let myself enjoy. There is no way I'm going to turn down a salted caramel brownie; that's just sacrilege. But I am on a constant quest to eat in a way that fuels my body, maintains my dancer figure, AND satisfies the soul. I think I do well most of the time, so I'd like to contribute to the healthy eating conversation, sharing my perspective and experience as a dancer and athlete... and real-life person with real-life cravings :)

Enter Hungry Dancer! Posts will feature fresh and healthy recipes that I either concocted or borrowed, with naughty-but-good-for-the-soul recipes tossed in to spice things up, along with my opinions and a few pictures to make it pretty (please judge kindly, a photog I am not!).

A sneak peak of tomorrow...





Happy Monday!


xoxo
J

2 comments: