Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hungry Dancer: Goat Cheese and Arugula Pizza

I eat fresher and healthier by default during the warmer months. When it's sweltering hot, the last thing I want is to feel heavy and bloaty, so I bypass the fried foods for fresh fruits and veggies without much thought. I also want things that can be prepared quickly and that require turning on the stove or oven as little as possible. The temps haven't been too warm yet, but I'm already transitioning to wanting fresh and healthy grub.

I had a craving for goat cheese last Saturday night and my first thought was salad, but Boyfriend and I needed something with more sustenance. Why not goat cheese on pizza?

First I sauteed red onions in some olive oil, just enough so they began to turn translucent and their sweetness started to come out. I drizzled olive oil over two personal sized pre-cooked pizza crusts. I topped them with the onions, as well as tomato slices, walnuts and goat cheese. I drizzled a little more olive oil over the toppings and then popped them into a 450-degree oven for about 10-12 minutes. That's a rough estimate - I just watched them and decided they were done when they were hot. Out they came and I topped them with fresh arugula and balsamic vinegar and voila! Dinner was served.


(If we hadn't been so ravenous, I would have remembered to take pics of each step so y'all could see the process... Oops. Eating asap took precedence over photography. Next time!)

Oh! Can't forget the sangria I threw together. I tossed together sliced oranges, lemons, limes, pineapple chunks and fresh raspberries into a pitcher. I then poured a bottle of moscato over the fruit and chilled it. Served it with ice and chunks of the fruit. Yum!



Not to toot my own horn, y'all, but dinner was amazeballs. Fresh and healthy but satisfying and the wine was light and refreshing. And it was crazy easy and quick! Just the way I like it.

What kind of quick but healthy meals do you love?

Bon appetit!


xoxo
J

2 comments: