Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Friday, August 20, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes... Part 3

At last!! I made it back to Blogland alive! :)

We've been moving to a new building at work this week, so my life is in disarray both at home and now at the office, wheeeeeee! But change is good. Keeps things fresh AND my new work digs are brand new, versus the prison-like dungeon I was in before. More on that later.

And now for the third installment of the Ch-ch-ch-changes trilogy!

Change #3: New house!

I'm quite excited about my move. I've been there about two weeks now - yes, I'm still living among towers of boxes and piles of stuff - and I'm in love love love!

Location, location... I'm back to the student-centered CSU 'hood. I love the energy that CSU and Old Town bring. I'm definitely not a 'burbs girl. At all. My drive to work is now 7 minutes - booya! By bike, I'm guessing 15 minutes, but I haven't biked it yet. I don't know, I just feel like I'm back home. Do you all have areas or neighborhoods in your towns and cities that just feel like you belong to each other? I'm there.

The space I now have has seriously downsized, but I don't mind at all. For one thing, it's forced me to downsize the amount of stuff I own, and I'm still whittling it all down. While packing for my move, I was kind of appalled at how much crap I'm dragging around. And I probably only use 20% of it most of the time. I'm donating, selling and throwing out like its my job! The smaller rooms, closets, etc., are good training for when I move to a big city or across the pond (!!) someday. We tend to spread out here in the West, but I know big cities and Europe are compact.

The house is old-school, maybe built in the 50s? I've always loved older houses - I'd love to live in a 1920's bungalow in Old Town. My room totally reminds me of my grandma's house (the one that is still living), which was built in the 50s... the heating vent, the hardwood floors. Omigosh, we have an older gas stove in the kitchen!! I don't know what year, but it has one of those warming compartments to the side of the oven, which we use to store cookie sheets and the like. So fun, I'm so tickled with my house.

I only got a couple pictures, which really doesn't show much of the house, but once I get unpacked and decorated, I'll do a follow-up post.

My dresser with one corner of the room reflected in the mirror... the desk now has piles all over it, and I removed the lamp and fake flowers (they came with the room).


Reflection of the other corner of the room. I bought myself a bunch of my fave flowers to brighten the room and give it some love.


The walls look slightly sea-foam green in the pics, but they're gray.


Please disregard the spotted glass! Cleaning it is on the to-do list. This is the backyard, complete with spacious deck (can we say bbq's and dinner parties?!), grapevine, brick bbq, a garden to the left (out of view) and a plum tree to the right (also out of view). OMG, I'm excited to have people over!!

I'm still digging and hunting for things, which make getting ready in the mornings quite interesting, but its a process.

Happy weekend everyone!! What are your plans? I'm quite excited for mine... this weekend is the biggest festival of the summer here in the FoCo, New West Fest, which includes a ton of fun musical performances. Tonight is the Flobots!!! Eeeeeek, I've been waiting for them all summer! I choreographed my anti-racism piece to their "Anne Braden" song last fall. And tomorrow is Earth, Wind & Fire! What what! Oh, did I mention that both shows are FREE?! Too much fun.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!!

xoxo
J

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful house! I love that mirror so much, great addition.

    Next Friday for sure then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, congratulations! It looks pretty cozy! (first time reader. OK I lie, like fifth time but it's been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! Congratulations!! It looks lovely!! I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I love old 20's houses too ...they're so charming! So glad you're happy and your room looks adorable so far. {I wouldn't have noticed the spots on the window ;)}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, lady! I'm loving the pretty pink flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the gorgeous new pad. I'm SO happy for you! Loving the wall color!

    ReplyDelete