Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I escaped the cave!

If you've been a reader for a bit, you've heard me mention my "office-cave" once or twice. And a cave it was. In the basement, cold, sterile white walls... not exactly the ideal work environment for inspiring productivity. But as of last week, the cave is no longer!

My work crew moved to our new building last week. I've been waiting for this move for awhile, knowing it would be my escape from the office-cave. And despite the glitches that come with a new building that is still under construction in parts, I'm very glad we're finally here. Very glad. Let me take you on a pictorial journey from office-cave to room-with-a-view.

Before...





... and after!










This is the view from my office. The landscaping is still in progress, but not a bad improvement from the window-less basement, eh?

Its amazing how much your environment affects your mood, productivity, focus, etc. I never thought about it much until we set up shop in the new digs... my mood at work was a total 180-degree turnaround in a matter of hours! Lesson learned to make your space yours with posters, pictures, artwork, anything to make your 8-, 9-, 12-hours more comfortable. As I continue unpacking at home, I'll figure out what to bring to work to bring a little Jessi flavor to the office!

xoxo
J

9 comments:

  1. Dang, sweet new building! I suppose CSU had to spend their stimulus money somewhere; may as well be on you! ;)

    The only similarity between your old and new offices is the pink water bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are some major changes! Hope it's better for you...how could it not be?!

    PS love your photo on dancing branflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just found your blog from ms branflakes'!! that looks like a wonderful office :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such nice new digs! Visiting from Dancing Branflakes.

    Natasha
    http://days-of-natasha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! This is so much better. And happier!

    ReplyDelete