Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Checking in

On Tuesday of this week I realized that February was only a day away and suddenly I remembered my 2012 non-resolutions. I decided to revisit them to see where I'm at. Not with any intention to feel guilty or pressure to perform, just to get the status update and get myself back on track (or forge a new route, if need be).

So how am I doing?

Dance

I can say that I've worked through the bad juju and I'm finally reclaiming my joy for dance. I have yet to take a hip hop/African/capoeira class, but last night I met up with the ol' swing crew for rehearsal for an upcoming gig. I'm very excited to swing out again!

I'm still sporting the 'tard and tights, have no fear, but there have been some changes. I will go into more detail about them in a future post real soon. Don't worry, things are a-okay. More than okay, actually.

Health/Fitness

In addition to taking my multi-v everyday I've added some other supplements to the arsenal. I've been experiencing random joint pain over the last few weeks, so I decided it was time for some supplements to help keep the joints lubed. This is stupid, but I didn't like buying them. It made me feel old and arthritic. Which is something I'm actually concerned about as my dad has arthritis, but I'm on the low end of my 30s for pete's sake. BUT, after an extensive convo with my pops, he apparently started developing it in his late 30s/early 40s. Hm. No doc visit yet, but more on this later. I've also cut gluten out of my diet this week, at the suggestion of my ballet teacher after I told her about my joint pain. Again, more on all this crazy biz another time.

Work

No freelance writing yet, but it's only February. And the choreography thing - there is a local dance festival to which I'm submitting a solo this month. Have I started choreographing? No. Don't even have music selected. I do have ideas swirling around my brain, though, so that's a start at least.

Community

Sending birthday cards, thank-you notes and picking up the phone? Oy. Let's just say this is still under construction.

Finances

This area of life has always been overwhelming, but I can say for the first time I'm actually making headway. They're baby steps, sure, but at least there is movement forward. I've budgeted my entire month and know where every dollar will be spent. I have a cash envelope system where certain areas of my budget will only be spent with cash - and when it's gone, it's gone. I'm a little nervous about how the month will go, but at least it's short. And if I can make it to the end then I know I can do it next month. Baby steps.

What about you? Where are you at, are you making progress? Don't give up! Even if you've started to neglect the list, forgot about it, losing steam... just pick back up where you left off. No one will know any different. Do it! :)

xoxo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment