Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Merci, gracias, danke, grazie...

I had Thanksgiving dinner at my dad's house today with him and my two brothers. It was just the four of us, which was just right. I wasn't really in the mood for a big dinner with lots of people. The food was great and it was nice to spend quality time with my family. We had some really good heart-to-heart discussions, which we haven't had in a long time.

Today was bittersweet, though. Life has thrown me another curve ball that I'm trying to figure out how to swing at. And to be quite honest, my heart just isn't into the holidays. I broke down at dinner, much to my dismay because I didn't want to be the rain on the parade. But my dad and brothers were so great - they surrounded me in one big embrace and just let me cry. It felt so good to be supported because some days I am so tired and I don't feel like I can support myself anymore.

I considered making a list of things I'm grateful for for today's post. The list would contain the typical things - my family, friends, dance, my job, a roof over my head, my health - all of which I truly am grateful, but that general list felt trite. That list would have made me feel like I was just going through the motions but not really feeling it in my heart. I wanted something real, something specific. My family's honest love and support is what did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment