Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday fluff

Oh Friday, how do I love thee?

In the spirit of Friday's gettin'-ready-to-kick-back spirit, here is a fluffy post: a survey asking a set of random questions. I usually see these in email, but Fawn posted one on her blog the other days, and when I saw here, I thought it would be perfect for Friday. I don't know why, but I do get a kick out of these survey things.

So, without further ado, 50 random questions to learn 50 random things about me...

1.You have ten dollars and need to buy snacks at a gas station, what do you buy?
Vitamin water for hydration, a bag of some kind of chips, trail mix (gotta have protein), and some kind of chewy candy: licorice, gum drops, Hot Tamales, Skittles, you name it.

2. If you were reincarnated as a sea creature, what would you want to be?
A whale... they seem so peaceful, and there's something timeless and wise about them. Or maybe a shark, for some sass. I have a fascination with sharks - I want to dive with them (in a cage, of course) someday!

3. Who is your favorite redhead?
Molly Ringwald in The Breakfast Club.

4. What do you order when you are at IHOP?
Pancakes! Um, hello, it's the "House of Pancakes"!

5. Last book you read?
Ummm... I'll go with a book for school - "Drawing and Rendering for the Theater", used for my Theater Design final.

6. Describe your mood.
Sleepy and still working on my mug of coffee, but happy the weekend is here.

7. Describe the last time you were injured?
Fractured my left wrist playing soccer two years ago when some dude tripped me from behind. Not cool.

8. Of all your friends, who would you want to be stuck in a well with?
My homey Lylie since we'd be distracted from our predicament by all the laughing and dorking around we'd be doing.

9. Rock concert or symphony?
Depends on the band or the composer.

10. What is the wallpaper of your cell phone?
A picture I took of daffodils at the library three years ago. They're colorful and bright and remind me of the happiness of spring.

11. Favorite soda
No soda - sparkling nectar from heaven, Grapefruit Izze!

12. What type of shirt are you wearing?
Plain white t-shirt, nothing exciting.

13. If you could only use one form of transportation what would it be?
The "beam-me-up-Scotty" thing they use in StarTrek - quick and efficient and no traffic! Hey Trekkies out there, what is that called??

14. Most recent movie you have watched in theaters?
Planet Earth... but there are a TON I want to go see that are out right now... Star Trek, Angels & Demons, The Soloist... and OMG, Harry Potter is coming in July!!! I love summer movies!

15. Name an actor/actress/singer you have had the hots for.
Currently, Taye Diggs and Justin Timberlake... mmmm, nothin' like a little chocolate and vanilla... what????

16. What is your favorite kind of cake?
Red velvet with cream cheese icing... although I will take cherry pie over cake any day.

17. What did you have for dinner last night?
I pan-seared me a chicken breast, then simmered a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette and minced garlic for a few, then threw those on top of some penne pasta. Delish and all ingredients I had in my fridge and pantry!

18. Look to your left, what do you see?
A poster of Frankie Manning and his dance partner in 1941, autographed by Frankie himself. RIP, Frankie.

19. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Emphatic YES. It's actually a pet peeve of mine when people don't, haha!

20. Favorite toy as a child?
Good grief, that depends on what stage of kid-hood I was in at the time... dolls, Barbies, My Little Ponies, my easel, my bike, Legos... I just loved to play.

21. Do you buy your own groceries?
Well I hope so, since I am 30...

22. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
Oh, I don't doubt it. We all do it.

23. When’s the last time you had gummy worms?
I can't remember.

24. What’s your favorite fruit?
Cherries... no, berries... no, grapefruit... no, pomegranate... I don't know. I love fruit.

25. Do you have a picture of yourself doing a cartwheel?
If so, then my mom has it somewhere in the abyss known as her "picture box", lol.

26. Do you like running long distances?
Yes, running is great stress relief. I've been jonesin' to start running again, but I need new shoes, but I don't have the money for new shoes right now, so....

27. Have you ever eaten snow?
Oh yeah, all the time as a kid.

28. What color are your bedsheets?
Navy and white.

29. What's your favorite flower?
Gerbera daisies, hands down.

30. Do you do ballet?
Why, yes I do!

31. Do you listen to classical music?
Not as much as I used to... used to listen to it a ton in middle and high school... I was an orchestra geek.

32. What is the first TV theme song that pops in your head?
Nothing comes up at the moment, but I woke up with Gwen Stefani's "The Sweet Escape" in my head.

33. Do you watch SpongeBob?
Um, no thanks.

34. What temperature is it outside right now?
Mid-50s, overcast and cool. Rain expected today.

35. Do people consider you smart?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say yes.

36. How many piercings do you have?
Four - two in each ear.

37. Are you signed on AIM?
Nope.

38. Have you ever tried gluing your fingers together?
No.

39. How do you feel about your family?
I'm cool with my immediate family, but it's a different story with the extended fam.

40. Do you have an iPod?
Can't live without it.

41. What time do you go to bed?
11ish is about when I turn into a pumpkin.

42. What CD is currently in your CD player?
What's a CD?? iTunes!!

43. What movies do you know every line to?
The Goonies, The Breakfast Club, The Sandlot, Breakfast at Tiffany's...

44. What is your favorite salad dressing?
Balsamic vinaigrette.

45. What did you get for Christmas this year?
Oh, various small things. My family doesn't go nuts at Christmas, and that's fine.

46. What family member/friend lives the farthest from you?
I think K wins, kickin' it in Beantown.

47. Do you like hugs?
Yes. From friends and people I like, but not creepers.

48. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
Wednesday at work when I realized I goofed and my boss wasn't so cool with it.

49. What is the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name?
My name is pretty straightforward, but people never spell Jessi right... its Jesse, or Jessie, or Jessy... imbeciles (j/k!)

50. Last person you hugged?
My friend Matteo.

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap, Jessi, 50 is waaay to many for me to read or respond to right now (I'll post a picture of why soon), but while I'm bummed you don't want to be stuck in a well with me (j/k, but I may be tall enough to push you up to the top!) I'm glad I get a mention in no. 50.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was fun to read!! always great to learn new things about others :)
    and wow you can really cook!!

    ReplyDelete