Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Job-hunting

Don't worry, I haven't lost my job.

[Although I did make an oops at work today, upsetting my boss - talk about a stressful afternoon, ugh.]

I'm perusing Craigslist for a part time job for the month I'll be in Chicago. All my dance classes will be in the evenings, so a part time job during the day is possible - AND necessary.

I hate job hunting. I don't think I'm very good at it, especially at exhausting all the resources out there, as well as marketing myself (I start playing the self-doubting game). And searching for employment in a city I'm not familiar with is daunting. I know people do this all the time, but I don't so I'm not feeling the most confident.

And I haven't even begun the search for a place to stay. UGH.

I'm also stressed and overwhelmed with making all the pieces fall into place... and of course, money is at the root of it all. I have tuition covered, but there are so many other things to think about... can I find a part time job here before leaving? where will I stay in Chicago? how will I afford it? can I really find a month-long part time job? am I going to be able to afford a plane ticket? what about food? and clothes, damn I need dance gear... I need to keep training and conditioning so I'm in shape when I get there, so how can I afford dance classes between now and then with all else I need to find money for? ... and on and on and on...

It all makes me want to throw up a little. And cry.

I can do this, I know I can do this... but god, the stress in doing it...

1 comment:

  1. yes, please do "steal" it, its a fun survey!
    yes the old people I'm with just LOVE sharing their memories of dancing, too. In fact one lady is serioulsy 99 and she wheels/dances in her wheelchair the whole time I am there.
    so heart-warming.
    have fun in your month of Chicago!! I LOVE IT THERE!! make sure to hit up the art institute and downtown ghirardelli's for a brownie sundae--i think it costs almost $8 but seriously is WORTH IT!
    :)
    I am heading there for a weekend myself in August, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete