Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hungry Dancer: craving spring

Spring may officially be here, but Pittsburgh seems to have missed the memo.

My view on Monday morning.
I'm craving fresher, lighter meals, but I also find myself still wanting food that warms the bones.



Green beans. Strawberries. Peas. Asparagus. Rhubarb. These are my objects of desire as I peruse the market these days.



I found a recipe that was just right. Spring lentil stew stocked with spring veggies. I eliminated the tenderloin, wanting a li'l vegetarian fare this time around. Sub the chicken stock with veggie to make it 100% vegan.



It warmed the bones and satisfied the veggie crave. Spring lentil soup for the win.

What recipes are you dishing up to ease the awkward transition between winter and spring?

Happy eating!

xoxo
J

6 comments:

  1. Sigh! What's up with this never-ending winter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya, girl! Bring on the sunshine and lighter jackets :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally making this. YUMMMM lentils!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully spring will come someday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've been craving strawberries like crazy this week! and i'm sorry about the snow :( i'm a pa native, but i live in florida now--my mom called to tell me about the snow earlier this week while i was laying by the pool haha. so weird! hope you guys get spring soon :)

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying for spring too! It's finally getting warmer here in the Midwest!!

    ReplyDelete