Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Friday, November 30, 2012

Workin' 9-to-5

This coming Monday I rejoin the corporate workforce! Hoorah!

There are many reasons why I'm excited, ranging from the superficial - office fashion, holla! - to the down and dirty - there's a big debt monster that's about to receive a one-two punch from this dancer. The past three months have not been easy, financially or emotionally, but I'm very happy that all of my hours at the library and infinite resume editing is finally moving me forward!

My new job is in the financial sector. Over the course of my job search (and still even now) people asked me why I don't "teach dance or something". Well, most teaching jobs are part time. With part time hours comes part time pay. I have big girl bills, therefore I need a big girl job. That's my reality.

Oh, and there's that benefits thing. My RA doesn't mess around (remember this post?).

I want this, too. I am more than ready to close the chapter of being a struggling college student. I'm ready to put on my big girl knickers, add to my mad professional skills and take care of business.

This doesn't mean I can't or won't continue to dance, choreograph and teach while holding a full time job. Quite the contrary. I've done it before and I can do it again.

And! I am giddy that I will be able to afford to take class once again in my near future. Dance classes aren't cheap, y'all. While doing ballet barre in my apartment is by no means a waste of time or effort, I need to get into a studio. I need a marley floor. I need a real barre (chairs and kitchen counters only work so well). I need big mirrors. I need to get back into dance shape. And gosh darn it, I need my people.

These people.



Lots to do this weekend to get ready, including plan my first-day outfit. Very important, people, very important.

Up next: Hungry Dancer returns! And goes international.

xoxo
J


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! And yay for time and money to take class. That's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats 'Dancin Queen, your hard work and prep paid off ! Much good luck !......RoyBoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayay! Congratulations J; I am so proud of you! You will rock the socks off the corporate workforce!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it went well! Yes, first day outfits are crucial! haha

    ReplyDelete