Enter the good ol' fashioned crock pot! Oh crock pot, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways... If you don't own one, stop reading this right now and go buy one. Then come back and finish reading. :)
My crock pot transformed my life. Whoever invented that thing is my hero. I whipped up the easiest pot of chili ever known to humankind, brewed in the amazing crock pot.
Hungry Dancer's No-Brainer Chili
1 white onion, diced
1 bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
1 lb. cooked lean ground beef
1 14-oz can of corn
1 14-oz can of diced tomatoes
1 14-oz can of kidney beans
1 14-oz can of pinto beans
1 14-oz can of black beans
3-4 cups of water
2-3 T chili powder
1 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Toss the onions, bell pepper and cooked beef into the crock pot. Drain the corn and throw it in there. Add the tomatoes, including the juice.
2. Drain and rinse the beans, and add them to the mix.
3. Pour 3-4 cups of water over everything, adjusting the amount based on how soupy you like your chili.
4. Add the chili powder and cumin, again adjusting to your spicy preference. I love cumin, so I added a teaspoon more than listed here. Add a few dashes of cayenne, more if you like heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Give everything a stir or two to mix in the spices.
6. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (until the onions and peppers are done).
7. Eat and be happy!
|Colorful and tasty!|
Just yum. Spicy chili fills the tum, and warms the body and soul.
What's your easy, go-to crock pot meal?