Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A new year, a new chapter

Happy New Year, everyone!!




I've spent a lot of thinking, journaling and list-making over the last few weeks about where I want to take this little blog in this next year. It wasn't easy. You see, a few months ago I started to panic. I started to panic that my blog was just a boring ol' blog. I was playing the keeping up with the Jones' game. My blog doesn't have sponsors! There are no ads! I've never done a giveaway! My design is terrible! Major companies or industry people are not contacting me! I have less than 100 followers! I'm not making any money! Omg, I'm such a failure!!

I know. I can be such a spaz. Don't worry, I've had a couple of important epiphanies since then - this is my journey and what I put into it is what I get out of it - and all is right with the world again.

We are about to embark on a new chapter friends! This new direction can be summed up in three words: Dialogue. Inspiration. Focus.

Dialogue

I want Better late than never to be a place for conversation and idea sharing. I want to hang out and kick it with y'all. That's why a blog exists, is it not? Us bloggers are not writing to hear ourselves talk, are we??  It's about YOU, my readers, my audience. Which leads me to the next area...

Inspiration

I genuinely want to inspire you! Whether I'm writing about fitness, sharing my Hungry Dancer recipes or discussing my latest dance adventures, I want you to feel, to believe, that you can go out and DO, too. That's how Better late than never came to be... I followed my heart and began a dance career in my late twenties. You can do something just as crazy and unconventional, too! Trust me, you can.

Focus

And how am I going to accomplish all of this? Through focus. I've been talking about doing this for months, but I think I've finally figured out my game plan. What this means on my end is following a schedule, working on my design and layout, figuring out some basic (keyword here is basic) technical stuff, and seeking help with the technical stuff that is beyond basic (which is a lot). What this means for you is (hopefully) informative posts, a pretty blog to look at and read, and a place where you enjoy spending a little part of your day. Sound like a deal?




I am SO excited about this new journey we're embarking on! Yes, we. Vamos, amigos!


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
 
Let's get this party started right here and now... What do you hope to see here in the coming year? What kinds of topics would  you like me to cover? Do you have questions you've been itching to ask? It doesn't have to be dance or fitness related, so ask away!


xoxo
J

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, my love! May 2013 hold sparkle, surprises, and new opportunities for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much ladies! Can't wait to see what 2013 holds in store for us all... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2013, Jessi! I'm excited to get back into blogging this year and enjoyed this inspiring New Years post!

    ReplyDelete