Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

When joy sneaks up on you

Sometimes simple joy sneaks up on you.

On Tuesday night, I spontaneously decided to attend a ballet class after having to miss my scheduled Monday night class thanks to an RA flare up. It was just a beginning, open adult class. Nothing fancy, no frills. Just good ol' fashioned plie, tendu, rond de jambe, et al. I didn't think much of it, no expectations beyond working on my standing leg and turnout.



I loved every minute of it.

I left class feeling light and full of light.

Ballet in Aspen, CO, circa October 2011. Miss those girls.


Such a pleasant surprise. And just what my spirit needed.


xoxo
J

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so happy for you, lady! It is amazing how a simple dance class can turn our frowns upside down. Your turn-out is beautiful BTW!

    P.S. I am totally down for sharing makeup drawers. To be truthful, I own enough makeup for twelve people. :P

    ReplyDelete