Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Monday, January 4, 2010

First big change of 2010: new digs!

I'm moving this next weekend! This has been in the works for about a month now, but I kinda forgot to mention it. Nothing bad happened at my current place, I just got offered a good deal that would have been stupid to pass up.

The lowdown: my school adviser, who is from Taiwan, is leaving for sabbatical in Taiwan for the spring and summer. He just bought a townhouse and would like someone to watch it while he's gone for eight months. So he offered for me to live there... rent will be $125 less than what I'm paying now, so there's where I couldn't pass it up. Mama is b-r-o-k-e and needs all the help she can get!

(Photo courtesy of We Heart It)

I'm sad to leave my current place... I like my apartment and I love living with international students (I live in University housing where mostly international students live, with the occasional culture-hungry American like me, lol). I've met some cool people here from all over the world, including my BF. But like I said, the break on rent is something I need. And it will be nice to live by myself. My current roomie is fine and all, but I love living alone. Once you get past a certain age (30, ahem...), roommate living gets less and less appealing.

Have I started organizing and packing? No. Did I utilize the huge chunk of open time I had all weekend to pack?? Of course not. That's not my style. I rock the procrastination, y'all! And I seriously hate moving. I hate it. About as much as I hate celery, and I loathe that nasty veggie!

So tonight after work and after my Tae Bo workout (I heart Billy!) I will start the painful process of packing and organizing my stuff... accompanied by rockin' tunes, of course!

xoxo J

6 comments:

  1. Yay for your new place, Miss Jessi, but boo for us not being semi-neighbors anymore. I guess we never really took advantage of that anyway. :)

    Also, nice truck picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh a townhouse all to yourself sounds awesome!!!

    Packing is the worst, I feel your pain girl! But think how happy you'll be when it's all done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome lady! Except for the moving part. I hattttttttte unpacking. Luckily I was way preggers the last time so the hubs and my Mom did it for me. Ah ha h!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a huge fan of moving! :( But wow, a townhouse...sounds awesome. And yay on working out! ;) We so need that soemtimes! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! It is nice to have a place all to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain girl! But think how happy you'll be when it's all done!!

    lise charmel

    ReplyDelete