Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolutions

I make resolutions but I don't get too attached to them. Not so I have an "easy way out" if I blow it, but because life is funny and will throw all sorts of shiz at you, so you have to be able to roll with it. Which means goals and resolutions are best made flexible with room for editing.

My list doesn't seem too long, but each one will take up plenty of my time.

My 2010 To-Do List

Jazz classes [see post from Monday].

Read more, watch less. I miss reading and I'm paranoid that my brain is turning into a pile of stupid mush with all the TV and movies I've watched lately. And it will inspire my imagination and creativity in other areas... writing, choreography...

WRITE. This includes blogging, journaling, playwriting, thank you notes (omg, I suck at these, my poor fam and friends)... all the writing projects in my head need to finally get down on paper... or, MS Word, more accurately.

Put together my dance portfolio, finally.

Organize my "important papers" filing system. 'Cause as of right now, there is no "system"...

Remind myself regularly that life is not all about me. I'm not the only one with feelings and dreams and a heart that can be broken.


Trust that God has some amazing shiz in store for me, I just have to keep trucking along with what he's given me...

There are a couple more, but they are a bit more personal so I'll keep those close to my heart. What is on your to-do list for 2010??

[Oooh, fun factoid... this is my 200th post! Love that it's on the first day of a new year and a new decade!]

xoxo
J

4 comments:

  1. woohoo!! Congratulations on your 200th post!! that is totally awesome. I agree with you that its always good to give some breathing space in regards to "resolutions". Life happens, you never know when you might need extra time, or to reevaluate things, resolutions that are too strict can cause stress, anxiety, and will mostly likely end up being broken. I like your list ;) its a good one!! Happy 2010 lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sure that you there is some fabulous shiz in store for you in the coming year lady. You more than deserve it! I'm steering clear of resolutions but have lots of goals in mind. Here's to 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 200th post darling - such a milestone in the world of blogging! Here's to another 200 fabulous entries!!

    As for me, my resolution for 2010 is simply to carpe diem!

    Happy, Happy New Year my love!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. its a good one!! Happy 2010 lovely lady!

    lise charmel

    ReplyDelete