Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Long time no see!

What a whirlwind of 2 weeks it has been! And the semester is only getting started... classes, auditions, rehearsals, jobs, homework... that's just the general summary. I won't bore you with details, but just trust me when I say I'm not really sure what day it is sometimes.

But I'm not complaining - things are good! I made it into so many pieces for the semester's concerts, and I'm tickled pink about it. The BF seemed a bit concerned when I told him how many I'll be dancing in, for my time and sanity, but it is so hard saying no to what I love.

There are some new problems on the horizon, as usual... wouldn't be life without them, right? Money, tuition, financial aid... ugh, the things that stress me out most in life. But I just have to roll with it and get creative. Pouting and stomping my feet won't help much.

I'm choreographing for the Student Dance Concert again, of course. This is the song I used to audition my dancers:



The BF introduced me to the composer, Konstantinos Vita (Dimitris Papaioannou is a choreographer and this video includes excerpts from his show "Two", which K. Vita composed for). I want to supplement it with another of his songs, maybe this one...



I haven't quite decided yet. There are a couple others of his that I really like, but I just don't know. I have a feeling my indecisiveness is because I still haven't decided on my theme yet. I struggle to choreograph simply for the sake of movement - I need some theme or concept to inspire me - and picking music is influenced by my theme, too. My first rehearsal is tomorrow, so the clock is ticking...

I guess that means I should get off the computer and start moving then, right??

Happy weekend!
xoxo
J

[P.S. Glad to be back in Blog Land! Sorry to go missing all of a sudden... school starting plus living in the Land of No Internet has made it a bit challenging...]

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back lady! Don't stress. It will all work itself out. And your positive outlook will most definitely help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it all works out for you love! Happy Weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete