Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A few thoughts on a quiet evening

I didn't have to be at any rehearsals tonight and my roommate is gone until Sunday, so I've had a quiet, restful evening at home. Some reflective alone-time is very much appreciated - and needed! - every so often.

I found out yesterday afternoon that my piece did not make it into the Spring Dance Concert. I'm quite disappointed by this. I don't know the reasoning behind the faculty's choices, but I plan to ask tomorrow. One of my dancers thinks I'm brave to question their decisions, but I don't think bravery has anything to do with it. My "why" is not disrespectful or indignant - I just want to know. Based upon the positive feedback that I'm still getting, I'm curious to see how their decision compares. I shall find out soon enough.

On the bright side, the piece that I danced in for Student Concert (choreographed by someone else) made it, so I will get to dance in the Spring Concert regardless. At least I get to dance.

I haven't heard any audition results for Tour Company yet, but hopefully I'll find that out tomorrow, too.

Even though I have plenty of work I could be doing, I allowed myself time to do whatever moved me in the moment tonight. So far I've cleaned up the apartment, made and ate dinner, watched a little TV, washed dishes - a never-ending task in a dishwasher-less apartment that deserves it's own separate mention - and now I think I'll read until its time for bed. I don't get to do this very often, so I'm looking forward to it!

Now, do I read the Glamour magazine that arrived yesterday or the book that's been sitting next to my bed for months?? Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment