Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday madness!

Its madness today, y'all!

Adding to the typical Monday/Wednesday madness, this semester's artist-in-residency is holding an audition this afternoon for the piece she will set on us dance students for the Spring Dance Concert. This semester we have Katie Elliot of 3rd Law Dance Theater out of Boulder.

I knew she was coming and I knew about the audition, but I wasn't going to do it. I haven't been getting the number of work hours that I need lately, and her rehearsal schedule this week conflicts with when I usually work in the afternoons (assuming I make it).

But I was talked into it this morning in class - it would be great for the resume, portfolio, blah blah blah. AND, she taught a master class this morning and I LOVED her. So, I've decided to go for it and I will just be a dancin'-and-workin' machine this week. I will come back to work in the evenings after rehearsals. Or work from home. My bosses are cool like that.

This is all assuming I make it. Which I am. I'm thinking positive and assuming I'm going to make it. I really liked Katie and would love to work with her. And it really is good for my resume/portfolio.

The audition is at 4:00, and those who make it will rehearse immediately after the audition until 7:30. If I'm in, that will make for 6 1/2 hours of dancing today!! Ooooo-weee, I'm going to feel it tomorrow.

This madness is good. I'll take the madness over the blues or the mean reds any day. The mean reds can suck on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment