Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Monday, April 20, 2009

What pants are you wearing??

My crabby pants.



[Warning: this post is a whiny rant. No apologies.]

I just spent 12-plus hours at the studio. Good times. It would have been 13-plus were it not for the quick errand I had to run after ballet to buy something for my haz-mat costume for tech rehearsal tonight, since I forgot to do it yesterday. Oh yeah, tech rehearsal. Je deteste tech rehearsal. I hate it, I hate it! Lots of dance-for-30-seconds-now-stand-for-20-minutes. And repeat. Fifty times. SO much fun. Okay, I exaggerate. Sort of.

My poor body needs some TLC. I haven't had a day off from dancing for over a week now... and I won't until next Tuesday. I'm t-i-r-e-d. I'm that level of tired where you're too tired to even sleep well. You know this tired, right?!? I don't think my body or mind ever relax enough to get into that deep, restful, repairing stage of sleep. I dream all night and I wake up, on schedule, at some point between 3 and 5 a.m. for no good reason. I lay there wide awake. No idea why, but its been a normal part of my night for over a week now. Good times.

I know... whine, whine, whine.

I know long hours are a normal part of a performer's life, so I need to just suck it up and deal. But I also need to vent and whine every so often, as I'm only human and I do have a threshold. Today left my threshold in the dust.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're perfectly entitled to some crabby pants.

    You probably look good in them, anyway!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete