Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday notes

I've been sleeping with the window open at night. It creates the perfect sleeping environment: chilly room, warm bed. I sleep hard. Which keeps me hitting that snooze button repeatedly... for more than 45 minutes, typically.

I finally arrived at work at 9:30 am. I managed to not check email every five minutes. That's quite an accomplishment for me. I'm addicted to email. And Twitter. And my blog roll. I love the Internet.

I had lunch with my best friend at City Park. We talked for 2 hours. Typical lunch breaks are 1 hour in length. Oops.

Upon returning to work from the sunny park to my dismal, fluorescent-lit basement office, it dawned on me that my work environment is not doing much to help me fight the blues. Note to self: must take more mini-breaks to walk outside while at work.

Met another friend after work for coffee and chatting. Starbucks has some damn good cinnamon coffee cake, I must say.

Came home, changed into workout gear and commenced to do a variety of crunches, push ups and hip exercises (a la my physical therapist). Did all this while bumpin' the hip hop - what now, loud upstairs neighbors?!?

Cooked dinner. DEE-lish. Red bell pepper stuffed with couscous, feta cheese, toasted almonds, chickpeas and fresh basil and dill. Washed it down with a glass of pinot grigio.

Watched Grey's Anatomy with the roommate, continuing my spring break trend of putting off my research paper. And my theater midterm. What's a girl to do?

Now I'm typing this here blog. Getting sleepy. Glancing over at the bed, the down comforter and the feather pillows, all which beckon me. They win.

No comments:

Post a Comment