Description

... dance, fitness, food, health, life...

Monday, June 15, 2009

10 Juicy Tidbits

I was recently tagged by Jen to list 10 random things about me. I'm not sure how juicy they really are, but I got your attention and got you here, didn't I? So, without further ado...

1. I'm fanatical about making my bed. I don't like going to bed with the covers all bunched up and messy - I love the feeling of slipping my legs between two smooth, cool sheets after a long day. Bunched up sheets and blankets don't feel good and I actually have a hard time relaxing if they are! I will even make my bed right before going to bed at night if I didn't have time to make it in the morning. Crazy, I know!

2. My favorite word in Spanish is mocos, which means boogers. I love it!

3. I speak a tiny bit of several languages... Spanish, French, German and even a phrase in Ukrainian. I wish I were fluent in French, Italian, Russian and German. I love languages and actually pick them up fairly well, I've just never spent enough time with one to learn it well.

4. I'm not buying that Lady Gaga is this hot new pop artist, and I think I may be one of the very few. Seriously people, she's not that amazing. Oh, and while we're at it, I feel the same way about The Pussycat Dolls. Sure they're hot and sex sells, but any talented music producer can edit the crap out of someone's singing and make them sound a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Their live performance on SYTYCD last summer was awful.

5. I'm an absolute pain in the neck when I'm hungry... moody, emotional, impatient, distracted. My blood sugar crashes and so do I - I lose all ability to function as a normal adult. It's stupid, yes, but I don't have a ton of control over it, other than making sure to always have snacks around me. I've acquired the nickname "Jessizilla" by my friends. Just feed me NOW and no one gets hurt!

6. When my body craps out on me someday and I can no longer dance, my next career will be the host of my own cooking show on Food Network. I will call it something like "Cocktails and Confections" - martinis and desserts! [If anyone steals my idea, I will hunt you down and you will be very, very sorry...]

7. I'm not allergic, but wasps and hornets and yellow jackets scare the crap out of me (but not honey or bumble bees, strangely), and when one is flying around me, I run away screaming like a little girl. I know you're not supposed to do that, but I have no control over it - it's a panic reflex.

8. I've wanted to be a wife and mother since I was old enough to realize that boys didn't have cooties and they were actually kind of cute. I mean, whenever I would play Barbies, Ken and Barbie would get married, get it on on their honeymoon(yep, my Barbies made out), and live happily ever after in their house. I'm getting rather impatient for that phase of my life to begin, but that's a sensitive subject, so let's move on...

9. I melt in the presence of chubby babies with curly hair - they are the most adorable EVER, so I hope I have chubby curly-haired babies. (I'm not worried about the chub, especially if they get their mama's appetite, so let's hope the future Hubs has curly hair or it's in his genes...) Wait, I was supposed to move on from this subject...

10. I hate celery. Loathe it. It's disgusting... the crunch, the flavor, the strings... ugh [*shudder*]...

3 comments:

  1. You want your own cooking show? Awesome!!! I used to work at Martha Stewart, so I know a thing or two about cooking. ANd you hate Lady Gaga? LOVEEE her!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eew, I hate celery too ...and #8 yes...for me too. ...and while I totally agree with you about the lame ass Pussycat dolls, I must admit that the Lady Gaga cd is pretty freaking awesome. Surprised, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - haha, well I don't *hate* her... that's such a strong word... I just don't *love* her like everyone but me seems to! ;)

    ...love Maegan - celery haters unite! And I'm hiring you as my stylist for my someday cooking show, btw!

    ReplyDelete